- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Himachal Tour Experience
Located in the western Himalayan range and at the foothills of the Dhauladhar Mountains, Himachal Pradesh is covered in thick forests, vegetation and orchards. Shimla, the summer capital of the state is a tourist hotspot while Manali is the epitome of pristine natural beauty surrounded by the white snow-peaks of the Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar mountains.
Our special Himachal tour package, Taste of Himachal is a tribute to this mystically beautiful Northern Indian state. We start the Tour from Chandigarh and the first halt is at Shimla. On the way visitors are taken to the Yadvendra Gardens at Pinjore, if time permits. The first day at Shimla features a trip to the quaint Kufri located at an altitude of 2510 metres. Here visitors can ride on horses up the Mahasu peak; visit the Himalayan Nature Park and also indulge in adventure activities like Bungee Jumping, Go karting, Sky Swinger, Zipping and more.
After returning back to Shimla, visitors can undertake a tour of the places close to Shimla like the Jakhoo Temple constructed on the highest peak of Shimla called the Jakhoo Hill, Viceregal lodge, State Museum, the Mall, Lower Bazaar and Lakkar Bazaar.
The third day is when we move out of Shimla and travel to Manali by road that will take almost 8 – 9 hours. It is an interesting drive and visitors get to capture amazing views of the Beas River near the Kullu Valley and the Sutlej River near Slapper.
The next day is an exhaustive visit of the places nearby Manali including a trip to Naggar, Jana Waterfalls, and view authentic Kath Khuni styled houses in the hamlet of Nashala. Once back you can visit the Mall at Manali town and cover the monasteries located within the town.
Other than the pre-planned itinerary, visitors have the choice to go for paragliding in the Kullu Valley, river rafting on the Beas River and visit Rohtang pass provided the weather conditions are right, especially for Rohtang for which you need an official permit to visit. The next day, we travel back to Chandigarh – a drive of about 9 hours by road.
|Hotels Envisaged – Standard rooms used unless specifically mentioned|
|Shimla||Kalra Regency||Hotel Rock Castle||Woodville Palace||Marina Hotel / Clarkes Hotel||Oberoi Cecil / Radisson|
|Manali||Hotel Woodbine||Hotel Summit Chandertal Regency and Spa||Honeymoon Inn||Anantmaya Resort / Rock Manali||La Ri Sa Resort / The Himalayan|
Historical Shimla town, Kufri, Jakhoo Hill, Indian Institute of Advance Studies, The Mall - famous shopping street of Shimla, Christ Church, Bishweshwar Temple Bajaura, Manali, Solang Valley, Naggar Castle, Roerich Art Gallery, Kullu valley, Hidimba Devi Temple.
Arrival Chandigarh by flight / train Chandigarh - Shimla by Surface (Approx. 115 Kms / 04 hrs drive + stops)
• Arrival at Chandigarh Airport / Railway Station. Upon arrival you will be picked up and will be driven to Shimla, approx. 115 kms drive. Enroute, time permitting you can stop at Pinjore to visit famous Yadvendra Gardens. Later upon arrival in Shimla check in at your hotel.
• Overnight stay in Shimla.
• Breakfast at the hotel. Later go for an excursion to Kufri (it's famous for beautiful landscape). Kufri is approx. 17 kms awayfrom Shimla town. At an altitude of 2510 meters and in the Himalayan foothills, the hill station delights nature lovers and adventurers alike. This place is must visit for everyone visiting Shimla because of the stunning views it offers and also because of its status as an adventure hub. You can do various adventure ¬activities in Kufri like horse riding upto Mahasu peak. There are some adventure parks available as well where you can enjoy various adventure activities like Zipping, Bungee Trampoline, Go Karting, Sky Swinger etc. There is a nice zoo i.e. Himalayan Nature Park in Kufri which you can also visit where you can see Himalayan Birds and animals.
• Return back to Shimla after the visit. Later go for a sightseeing tour of Shimla city visiting Viceregal Lodge (Monday closed from inside - also known as Indian Institute of Advance Studies), State Museum (Monday closed) and Jakhoo temple (belongs to Lord Hanuman), famous for Lord Hanuman statue and is situated at the highest hill of Shimla town i.e. Jakhoo Hill. Later in the evening explore The Mall (it is a famous market of Shimla town), Lower Bazaar, Lakkar (Wood) Bazzar on foot as vehicles are not allowed here. There are many interesting colonial time buildings located on a walkable distance from the Mall. Some very famous buildings are Gaiety Theatre, Christ Church, St. Michael's Catholic Church, Railway Board Building, General Post Office, Gorton Castle (now Accountant General's office).
• Overnight stay in Shimla.
Shimla - Manali by Surface (Approx. 260 Kms / 08 hrs drive + stops)
• Breakfast at the hotel. Later you will be driven to Manali. While driving to Manali, enjoy the scenic beauty of enchanting lower Himalayas & stop at places for photographs like Sutlej River near Slapper, Reservoir at Sunder Nagar, Beas River near Kullu & Kullu Valley. Also visit a beautiful stone temple i.e. Bishweshwar Mahadev temple at village Bajaura, just few kilometres before reaching Bhunter town. Later upon arrival in Manali, check in at the hotel. Overnight stay in Manali.
• Later upon arrival in Manali, check in at the hotel.
• Overnight stay in Manali.
ManaliBreakfast at the hotel. Morning go for an excursion to Solang Valley. In Solang Valley you have an option to take a Gondola ride to witness mesmerizing snow covered high mountain ranges or to enjoy adventure activities like Paragliding. Return back to Manali. Afternoon go for a sightseeing tour of Manali visiting Hadimba temple, Manu temple and traditionally built village houses in Old Manali, Vashist temple and it's kund (famous for hot water springs). Overnight stay in Manali.
• Breakfast at the hotel. Later you will go for a half day excursion to Naggar visiting Naggar Castle, Roerich's Art Gallery. If interested, you can also visit beautiful villages of Nashala or Jana Waterfall and Jana village. Both of these villages still holds their original charm where you can see Kath Khuni style wooden houses and meet beautiful and kind villagers.
• Otherwise, return back to Manali town and explore the local markets of Manali i.e. The Mall and also visit Tibetan monasteries which are located at a walking distance from the market. Overnight stay in Manali.
* For adventure lovers, there are options of paragliding in Kullu valley and rafting on the Beas river. If interested, we can redesign the program as per the preference. Rafting remains closed during monsoon time.
** During your stay in Manali you also have an option of going for an excursion to Rohtang Pass / Snow line. Rohtang Pass visit is closed for public every Tuesday. This excursion tour is possible in between mid of May and October months. To visit Rohtang Pass vehicle needs a special permit issued by local government agencies. Due to limited vehicles allowed per day for this visit, it is not sure to get the permit on confirmed basis. If our vehicle gets a permit, you can go in the same vehicle at an extra cost. Otherwise, you will have to try it directly with local transport union if they can arrange and provide them a vehicle which has a legal permit for this excursion tour and you can pay them directly whatever their charges would be. You can also go on this excursion tour in Government run electric buses which needs to be booked directly from Manali Bus Depot.
Manali - Chandigarh by Surface (Approx. 310 Kms / 09 hrs drive + stops) Chandigarh Departure by flight / trainEarly breakfast at the hotel. Later you will be driven to Chandigarh. Upon arrival you will be transferred to Chandigarh airport / Railway Station for an onward journey.
* Hotel accommodation for 05 nights on Double sharing basis – Standard category rooms used in all hotels.
* Daily i.e. 05 breakfasts at the hotel starting from day 02 till day 06.
* Daily i.e. 05 dinners at the hotel starting from day 01 till day 05.
* Transportation using Air conditioned vehicle for the entire tour as per the program. Air conditioning will be switched off
sometimes while going up in the hills in order to avoid any damage to the vehicle’s engine.
– Medium car like Toyota Etios / Suzuki Dzire Air for upto 03 persons
– Toyota Innova car for 04 to 06 persons
– Tempo traveller for 07 to 08 persosn
* All expenses related to vehicle like parking, toll charges, interstate tax, driver’s outstation allowance.
* 01 Mineral water (01 litre) bottle per person per day in the vehicle during transfer, sightseeing and inter city drive.
* 5 % GST i.e. Goods and Service Tax.
* Expense of personal nature like laundry, alcoholic / non alcoholic drinks, telephone calls, camera / video camera fee at
monuments, medical expenses, etc.
* Any insurance cover or airport taxes.
* Any domestic airfare / Train ticket.
* Any Tip to driver.
* Any meals other than 05 breakfasts and dinners at the hotels.
* Any kind of entrance fee at the monuments, museum etc or any adventure activity like horse riding, paragliding, river rafting etc
which will be paid directly by the guests, if taken.
* Excursion tour of Rohtang Pass / Snowline.
* Expenses incurred due to any factors beyond our control like natural calamities, landslides, political insurgencies etc.
* Any other services not mentioned above in the inclusions.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
No Details Found